Thursday 2 April 2015

Wild review (audio)

When I read a book about a life changing adventure, it never fails to make me want to dust off my old backpack and start a trek. Just to walk somewhere. That's how I know it's good; when it's inspirational and really pulls at my wanderlust. Ooh er.

She is honest to the point of courageous, and puts every detail about her own flaws and imperfections out there for the world to read. Or in my case, hear. I really did enjoy listening to this book. I was transported from my kitchen redecorating to the Pacific Crest Trail in California. The beauty and clarity with which she writes made visualising the trail easy. Rimmed with romanticisms, in a good way, the scenery takes on it's own role among the other characters. It also somewhat restores even the flimsiest faith in humanity, that really people are inherently good.

A fantastic book. Film ain't bad either.

No comments:

Post a Comment