Wednesday 3 June 2015

Green smoothies actually do taste good!

I know, I was surprised too. Very surprised to find that I actually like these smoothies! Not in the same way that I like green tea (tolerate), I actually enjoy and look forward to drinking them. I don't know what has happened!

After some pretty dodgy experiences with green smoothies, adding unsuitable ingredients and finding that they just didn't taste as good as the cheese on toast I love and crave, I just didn't drink them. Until....

My sister made me this awesome concoction which I have tweaked a little and I did some research...

1 cup almond milk
1 banana
2 brazil nuts
small handful pumpkin seeds
a pinch of cinnamon
1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder





Since then, I just kept going. After checking out the site of these wonderful ladies, I discovered a formula! Since the discovery of this I tried and loved:

2 cups almond milk
2 cups spinach
1 banana
a pinch of cinnamon

1 teaspoon of cocoa powder
a scoop of vanilla whey protein powder (these guys recommend hemp- I've never tried it so can't advise on that).
I also added 2 tsp of coconut oil (makes it a bit lumpy but worth it for the benefits.) 

Also...

1/2 large avocado or 1 small avocado
3 strawberries
a pinch of cinnamon2 handfuls spinach
scoop of protein powder
I can't wait to try this one with added cocoa powder!

I'm making one for breakfast for a co-worker tomorrow, I'm excited for her to try it and LOVE it just as much as I do. Have a go! Just make sure if you are using them to replace a meal that you add protein and lots of healthy fats. Happy blending!



Create your own yummy green smoothie with this awesome chart that breaks it all down.    — SimpleGreenSmoothies.com
http://simplegreensmoothies.com/green-smoothie-101

No comments:

Post a Comment