Tuesday 27 January 2015

Peaches for Monsieur le cure review

I have been a lover of Joanne Harris since I first read 'Chocolat'. This was mostly due to the fabulous film version with Juliette Binoche (most French name ever) and Johnny Depp (who I was a little infatuated with at the time).

Harris is utterly fabulous, transporting the reader to delicious and exotic scenes where you can pretty much taste the cocoa. I just adore any book that makes me feel good without the guilt that I'm reading 'trash'. Her writing is flawless and her expression, so vivid I am getting hungry just thinking about it.

This is the final installment following Vianne Rocher (another fabulous name) and her daughter Anouk. Roux makes an appearance, as does Monsieur Le Cure- obviously. He is one of her best characters, I like how she manages to bring humanity to the antagonist.

 I definitely enjoyed this book, and as usual, Harris manages to tackle the issues of being an 'outsider' with accuracy. Through her characters, she teaches us that it is great to be different.

If you liked this book, try: Everyday Magic trilogy by Sophie Nicholls. She writes truly relatable characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment