Wednesday 1 July 2015

Spend-free week

Stuff I'm NOT buying


So, I'm doing a new thing... it's to do with spending less. I have decided to dedicate the first week of each month to being 'spend free'.

This is my first time doing it.

It was an idea I had when I was coming up with some spending goals last month. I realised, probably like most people, that most of my impulse spending (most of my spending in general) happens within the first few days of the month. I guess for obvious reasons. I wanted to come up with a way to spread my money more, and just make sure that my spending is meaningful.

So, I picked up a notebook and have it on me. Whilst surfing the internet or instagram or pinterest, whenever I have the urge, I just write it down.

This has led to a laughable list of stuff that range from the ridiculous to the 'actually I might buy that in a week'.

This list is by no means represents everything I would have bought - even I can refrain from some things (apart from the notebook thing, I have waaaaay too many notebooks). However, the idea is to notice my urges and hopefully in a weeks time I may have separated the wheat from the chaff and only go for those wholewheat grains....that metaphor was awful. Sorry about that.

Anyway, I will let you know how it goes in a week's time when I have endured. My list will no doubt speak for itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment