Monday 17 August 2015

Spend Free Week- Update

It was a success! Spend free week works! I have found my secret formula to spending less and saving more!

So here's what happened. In this post I talked about a new idea I had come up with based on my spending habits. The basic principle being that I FREAK out and buy everything in the first week of each month because I suddenly have cash monies. To avoid this, I decided to have a 'spend free week' the first week in each month. Jeez has it worked.

I wondered if this was going to be an initially successful venture that then kind of faded off as I forgot. So I set the week in my calendar so that it's always there as a reminder- I'm still in the 'spend free' week. I stuck to it, and just under two months later, I feel much more in control. I have more cash in my account than I have had for months (not loads, just more I hasten to add!) and am able to set aside more too.

Here's to saving! It helps that we are saving for our next trip. I don't want to jinx it and say anything about it yet, but we are hoping to book it in September for next February...fingers crossed! I'll let you know!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment